As an accredited Sponsoring Institution, the Texas Institute for Graduate Medical Education and Research is dedicated to the training of this nation's future leaders in the scholarly practice of clinical medicine and biomedical research.
The educational objectives of its residencies are:
- To provide excellent clinical education
- To provide opportunities to explore research and teaching
- To teach the necessary skills to sustain a lifetime of learning
- To encourage lifelong ethical and moral behavior in the practice of medicine and in the conduct of research
- To assure development of effective skills in communicating with patients, colleagues, and the public, and to ensure the humane and caring practice of medicine
The following policies and procedures govern the activities of TIGMER and clinical affiliates to meet these educational objectives and all accreditation requirements. Please note that local exceptions to these policies exist and are listed in the individual residency program descriptions. Click on the Policy and Procedure Manual Icon to open the complete document.